Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Taylored Expressions June Sneaks - Day 3

Hey there! Today is our last day of sneak peeks before all of the new products are available for purchase at the TE Store tomorrow, June 7th, at 8am PST! I mentioned that yesterday was our 8th anniversary and nothing reminds me of our wedding day like a big hydrangea bouquet! Here's a picture of my wedding bouquet:


Oh sweet memories... I can smell those roses! So when Nancy McKinney illustrated these beautiful hydrangeas for the new Forever in Bloom stamp set, I was instantly in love! We have a wedding and several anniversaries this summer so I decided to make a set of cards:

And I recorded a short video to show how I used the new Tim Holtz Distress Markers to create a watercolor hydrangea bouquet:


I thought it might be helpful to have a list of the marker combinations (from light to dark) for each of the colored bouquets...

I tried my very best to channel my inner 'Melissa Sauls' with these cards. What's my inner 'Melissa Sauls'? Well, it's that teeny tiny voice inside me that urges me to try something a little more shabby/vintage/pastel... something that comes so effortlessly to Baker's Dozen member Melissa Sauls!


I had lots of fun piecing together the patterns from the My Mind's Eye Be Happy collection. I also cut out the blooms and leaves with the coordinating Hydrangea Blooms dies. Other items used on these cards: Majestic Border Die, Medium Scallop Border Die, Gray Doodle Twine. All stamps and sentiments are from the Forever in Bloom set. Here's a closeup on a couple of the stamped hydrangea blooms:


After I misted and stamped the bouquet onto watercolor paper I went back with the fine tip of the darkest color to add a few highlights and really make each petal pop.

That's it for my sneak peek today, but our fabulous design team has even more goodies to share including the latest bouquet in our petite series of floral arrangements. Hop along and check 'em out!
June Release At a Glance
  • We have sneak peeks to share Monday through Wednesday. All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, June 7th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.
  • Join us as a fan on Facebook for an early peek at the stamp sets, as well as a SPECIAL Facebook GIVEAWAY, on Wednesday night beginning at approximately 6 pm PST.
Thanks for stopping by today! Don't forget to join us on Facebook tonight for our Preview Party and prizes, prizes, prizes! And check back in the morning for all the new goodies!

 

15 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

I don't often leave comments on these posts, but I just had to stop by when I saw these beautiful cards in my blog feed today. wow!!! you did an amazing job coloring this wonderful stamp. each bouquet looks so alive! and your own wedding bouquet is just stunning! I bet the aroma was heavenly! :)
thank you so much for sharing. this set goes right on my wish list!

Queen Mary said...

Taylor, thanks so much for this video! I've been considering the Tim Holz markers forever (obviously) and this technique/look is very helpful to me in making my decision -- and I'm thrilled to hear you have a hydrangea die to go with the set!

Jennifer Shults said...

Oooh! These are so fantastic. I love love love the finished cards and that video is PERFECT.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great video and what a GORGEOUS set of cards! Excited about the party tonight!

Cassie said...

Fabulous release as always, Taylor! I really enjoyed your misting with watercolor markers video, and your cards are stunning! Very vintage and soft looking! It's going to be hard to decide what to limit myself to this release ;)

craftymrs said...

So pretty! I must admit I've been intimated by using markers this looks so easy! Thanks for the tutorial. I would have never thought to use all 3 colors on the stamp like that.

rdbyrd said...

I can't thank you enough for posting videos of the various techniques. You have amazing talent and the cards are so pretty!

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW what a gorgeous Bouquet!!! love those cards too!!!
hugs, Heidi

Stephanie Kraft said...

Gorgeous set of shabby cards! Love this technique.. Thanks for sharing your video!

Natalie said...

Thanks for sharing the video, I just purchased a number of the pens and I love how you've shown how to use them with the spray. That will be next on my list! Of course the stamps will move to the top of the list, I love hydrangeas! Thanks Taylor and your cards are gorgeous.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful!!

Bonnie aka raduse said...

Taylor these are gorgeous!! will definitely be checking out the distress markers. Thanks for the video tutorial.

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Gorgeous cards!
I have a few of the Distress Markers but haven't really done anything with the yet. Thanks for the video! ;o)

Jill Norwood said...

Taylor - gorgeous cards!!! I just love your wedding bouquet and this new set! Wonderful coloring!!! Now I want to try these distress markers just for fun! :)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Taylor! Happy Anniversary!!! Your wedding bouquet photo is just lovely! I had hydrangeas in my wedding bouguet too! Your cards are amazing - what a cool technique. Love this release so much! :-)