Thursday, March 07, 2013

Taylored Expressions March Release Day: Chevrons in ROYGBIV

Hey there! Happy Release Day! The Baker's Dozen and I have had so much fun sharing our sneak peeks over the last couple days!

Now you can find all of the new products in the Fresh Out of the Oven department. You'll also want to make sure you check out our Current Specials page to learn about the discount on the Oh Snap camera bundle.

Before you head out to shop and hop around to see the inspiring projects from the Baker's Dozen, check out this video I recorded to show you all the new products!



Now for my project! I'm in love with ROY G. BIV. No, my husband's name is not Roy! *wink* This is the acronym I learned for the colors of the rainbow... red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. A good part of my stamp room is arranged according to the colors of the rainbow. My ribbons, brads, and paper flowers are organized in separate containers and arranged on the shelf in order of the rainbow.

With the help of my ROY G BIV acronym it's super easy to create rainbow colored projects. So I started this one by cutting the Chevon Cutting Plate from Snow White Cardstock. I adhered the cutout to another piece of white cardstock. Then I cut the same plate from cardstock in various colors of the rainbow and filled in all the blanks with colored cutouts.


Yes, it took some time to fill in all the spaces, but I LOVE how it turned out! I stamped the bold sentiment from Bugabee onto a Banner Stacklets 2 die cut and added a few flowers from my stash.

I'm so glad you stopped by for our release day! The talented Baker's Dozen gals have more new and inspiring projects to share today and we'll all be back tomorrow with more! Check 'em out:

Carole Burrage
Charmaine Ikach
Jen Shults
Kerri Michaud
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Shannon White
Shelly Mercado
Stephanie Kraft
Tammie Edgerton
Taylor VanBruggen
Wanda Guess

 

13 comments:

Cassie said...

Amazing new release, as always, Taylor! I've loved ROY G. BIV since I was a little girl, haha. Not much has changed, because everything in my 'craft cave' is still organized in that same way. Your card is absolute magic to a gal in love with the rainbow :D

Jennifer Shults said...

Oh my goodness. This card makes me smile and it makes me jealous of your paper stash, lol. BRILLIANT work on the background and I love the simple hello stamped that way. WOW!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Fabulous, Taylor! LOVE the wonderful background you created!

Tammie E said...

Wow, Taylor, this is an eye catcher for sure! I love that you took the time to fill in the colors of the rainbow!

Anonymous said...

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the best websites on the web.
I am going to highly recommend this blog!

Feel free to visit my blog post - how to work from home and make money
My site: how to make money from home fast

Anonymous said...

This design is wicked! You certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.

..HaHa!) Great job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than
that, how you presented it. Too cool!

my blog :: Making Money For Free Online

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

I love this Taylor!! Wow, what a cool card! I never would have thought of that - it looks so great! Happy Release Day!

Billie A said...

Love your card. I wish I would of waited one more day to place my order as none of these new releases were posted yet. My order yesterday will go in my march kit. OH well theres always next month. Love your new dies and stamps.

Annheidel said...

Oh my goodness, I love the rainbow design. So cool!

Broni said...

This is AWESOME! I LOVE the rainbow colors!!

Shannon White said...

Goodness this is soo Pretty and Cheery! Just can't help but smile at this Sweet card!! Love the rainbow affect with the Chevron BG! Just Fabulous!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Fabulous card, Taylor! LOVE the rainbow with the Chevron cutting plate!

Katherine said...

I bookmarked this long ago and still love it! I want to feature your card for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog & the Taylored Expressions site as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article, just let me know.